Friday, May 15, 2009

Eggless Oat Flour Muffins

Eating healthy food is a goal I always try to work towards. After having 2 kids, it has become even more important to have healthy eating habits and set good exaple for the kids. As I explore healthy recipes I want to post them here in this blog so it will be a Healthy living journal I can pass on to my kids. Here's my first try.





I bought Oat Flour from Whole foods thinking I'll make porridge with it. But I wanted to try a more tastier option and looked for Oat Flour muffin recipes. I found several and combined them to come up with my own version. I made this Oat flour muffin as an evening snack for my daughter. She loved it and I was happy to let her go for a second one since I know it's low fat and healthy.


Here's the recipe:

Servings : 12 muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups Oat Flour
2 ts Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/2 cup Raisins
2 tbs sweetened coconut flakes
5 tbs Honey
1 cup Milk
2 tbs Canola oil
Egg Substitute for 2 eggs


Method:




1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Line the muffin tins with paper cups.

2.Mix the Flour, baking powder,cinnamon,walnuts and raisins in a mixing bowl.

3. In a seperate bowl, mix together the honey,milk,oil and egg substitue.

4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir lightly. Don't overmix.

5. Fill the muffin tins to half and sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.

6. Bake for about 16 mins or when a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

7. Take the muffins Cool in a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment